Centipede’s Interim Youth Development Worker, Julia Penicuik has been working hard and with great enthusiasm in the local brownfield sites, and the church garden.
So far local children have been involved in their free time, and sometimes their parents too. Activities have included:
1. Garlic planting at Muirhouse Ave Planters_Autumn Term 2017
2. Apple dooking and garlic bread making for Halloween with locally grown apples from our maintenance gardener, Alexis Beddoe
3. Bulb planting at Muirhouse Ave and the Old Kirk and Muirhouse Church
4. Community litter picking at the Muirhouse Ave site, with soup, served at the church afterwards for 11 children.
5. Ground preparation and tree planting to extend our new deciduous hedge at the church.
6. Lots of general maintenance, caring for the local environment, and wildlife, tidying up, healthy snacks, games and recruitment of new local gardeners.